Last updated October 28, 2015
"Applicable Law"" means all applicable statutes, acts of Indian legislature, ordinances, rules, bye-laws, regulations, notifications, circulars, guidelines, policies, directions, directives and orders of any government, statutory authority, regulatory authority, tribunal, board or court in India; "General Information" shall have the same meaning ascribed to it in clause 2.5 of the Policy. "Personal Information" shall mean information disclosed by or obtained from any User and includes name, age, occupation, marital status, email, residential address, telephone number, payment processing details and any other personal details capable of identifying such a person. "Sensitive Personal Information" shall, excluding any information that is freely available or accessible in the public domain or is furnished under Applicable Laws, mean the following information:
- (a) password;
- (b) sexual orientation; and
- (c) financial information such as bank account or credit/debit card details or other payment instruction details.
"User" means any person who visits or uses the mobile app/Site or has an account at the mobile app/Site.
2. Collection of Information
- 2.1 A User may be required to reveal Personal Information or Sensitive Personal Information for the purposes of(a) browsing through the mobile app/Site; (b)opening an account/registering at the mobile app/Site; (c) applying to purchase products/avail services at the mobile app/Site; or (c)purchasing products/ availing services at the mobile app/Site.
- 2.2 Prior to furnishing Personal Information/ Sensitive Personal Information to Bytelabz for any one or more of the purposes described above, a User must grant consent to Bytelabz for using the Personal Information. The Personal Information/Sensitive Personal Information will be used only for the purposes set out in Clause 3 of the Policy. If the User does not wish to provide such Personal Information/ Sensitive Personal Information, the User must not proceed with using the mobile app/Site.
- 2.3 Bytelabz will collect Personal Information/ Sensitive Personal Information only for a lawful purpose connected with a function or activity of Bytelabz, for which activity the Personal Information/ Sensitive Personal Information is reasonably considered necessary.
- 2.4 Bytelabz will not be responsible for the validity, accuracy, correctness or completeness of the Personal Information/ Sensitive Personal Information provided by the User, or any consequences arising in relation to the invalidity, inaccuracy, incorrectness or incompleteness of the Personal Information/ Sensitive Personal Information. The User must update the Personal Information/ Sensitive Personal Information to ensure that such information is valid, accurate, correct and complete.
- 2.5 While browsing through the mobile app/Site, the mobile app/Site server may automatically record some general information about User’s visit, such as the date and time of visiting the mobile app/Site, the IP address being used, the type of browser being used, browser language etc. ("General Information"). Such General Information collected is not Personal Information/ Sensitive Personal Information for the purpose of this Policy.
- 2.6 Bytelabz reserves the right to use General Information collected by it for any purpose whatsoever including statistical analysis, tracking overall traffic patterns and marketing and promotional purposes. Consequently, Bytelabz may share such General Information or any analysis with any third party, at its discretion.
3. Use of Personal Information and Sensitive personal Information
Personal Information/ Sensitive Personal Information disclosed to Bytelabz by a User will be used by Bytelabz for one or more of the following purposes:
- (a) to provide services/products to the User;
- (b) to assist Bytelabz in creating content that is relevant to the User;
- (c) to maintain a database of all such information collected from the User;
- (d) to evaluate and administer the mobile app/Site and resolve any problems that may arise with usage of the mobile app/Site;
- (e) to keep a record of transaction history of the User as governed by existing law or policy.
- 4.1 When a User visits the mobile app/ Site, one or more cookies shall be sent to the computer or the device being used by the User to visit the mobile app/Site. Cookies are used to improve the quality of the services provided by Bytelabz through the mobile app/Site, including for storing User preferences, improving search results and tracking User trends.
- 4.2 Users will always have the option of disabling cookies via their browser preferences. However, Users are advised and made aware that if they disable cookies on their browser, some parts of mobile app/Site may not function as effectively.
- 4.3 Bytelabz may use Google AdWords and/or other such services to advertise on third party websites to previous visitors to the Site. This could be in the form of an advertisement on the Google search results page, or a site in the Google Display Network. Google’s use of the DART cookie enables it to serve ads to its Users based on their visit to Site and other websites on the Internet. Users may opt out of the use of this DART cookie by vising Google’s privacy document.
5. Information Sharing and Disclosure of Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Information
- 5.1 Only Persons authorized by Bytelabz shall have access to Personal Information/ Sensitive Personal Information disclosed to Bytelabz. User grants consent to Bytelabz for sharing Personal Information/ Sensitive Personal Information with persons who are associated with Bytelabz.
6. Disclosure to Third Party
- 6.1 In case the information is being collected and retained by a third party, on behalf of Bytelabz, Bytelabz shall obtain prior permission from the User before transfer of information to any third party, unless such disclosure is necessary for compliance of a legal obligation. Such obligation is also not applicable in case such information is being transferred to a government agency, when a request for such transfer has been made by such government agency to Bytelabz.
- 6.2 Bytelabz may transfer Personal Information/ Sensitive Personal Information to any company or person located in India or any other country only if it is necessary for the performance of lawful contract between Bytelabz and such person/company, provided the same level of data protection will be adhered to by the other person/ company. Bytelabz cannot guarantee that such parties will keep the Personal Information/ Sensitive Personal Information confidential and Bytelabz will not be liable in any manner for any loss of confidentiality attributable to such third parties.
- 6.3 Bytelabz does not rent, sell or share the information being collected from Users to third parties for consideration.
- 7.1 Bytelabz has taken all reasonable measures and precautions to keep the Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Information safe and secure and to prevent any unauthorized access to or misuse of the same.
- 7.2 Bytelabz may employ procedural and technological security measures, consistent with the relevant industry practice. Such measures are reasonably designed to help protect the Personal Information/Sensitive Personal Information from loss, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. Bytelabz may also use encryption, secure socket layer, firewalls, internal restriction, password protection and other security measures to help prevent unauthorized access to the Personal Information/Sensitive Personal Information.
- 7.3 Bytelabz shall not be liable to any User for any loss, damage (whether direct, indirect, consequential or incidental) or harm caused to the User due to the unauthorized access or misuse of the Personal Information/ Sensitive Personal Information by any third party (beyond the control of Bytelabz).
8. Linking to other mobile app/sites
9. Aggregate Information
Bytelabz may track the total number of visitors, IP addresses, geographical location, age group and gender of Users, etc. and may analyse this data for trends and statistics in the aggregate. However, such information will be maintained, used, and disclosed in aggregate form only and will not contain any Personal Information/Personal Sensitive Information. Bytelabz may use such information to analyse various trends and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. Bytelabz may share this aggregate information with third parties to assist them in targeting advertisements to appropriate audience.
10. Contact Us