Instagram provides effort in testing the photos or videos which is shared in the public using A/B testing method.
Facebook prints some glorious information for native mobile applications while testing using A/B testing tool. A/B testing technique is almost similar in Facebook and Instagram. The similarities within the structure and execution of A/B test is similar in the case for Facebook and Instagram. But LinkedIn is having a slight difference from Facebook and Instagram testing technique. LinkedIn prints some nice info by itself using XLNT, A/B testing strategy is used to develop their UI.
When Instagram and Snap chat stories came out earlier this week I was ready to hate it. Being the direct copy of Instagram Stories, I thought it would be DOA. But after having a wild research on this, I came to understand that Instagram executes perfectly on the product and it could have some serious legs. That doesn’t necessarily mean Snapchat is in trouble or not good. But I’d like to think competition breeds greatness and Snapchat now has more of a reason to try harder. Not a bad thing.
I‘ve seen a crowd of people talking on social media about which “Stories” their brand should use — and I’m here to tell you that there is really a simple hack method to run the same photo or video on Snapchat Stories and Instagram Stories. A test can be done by creating your own A/B test Instagram to see which one gets more viewership.
Principles of ad optimization in Instagram and Facebook using A/B testing:
- A/B testing works with entire audience. Here segmentation is possible.
- It measures the campaign element. A/B testing compares the CTR of audiences of a platform and display alternative creations to the same audience
- Test everything: different demographic targeting, buying type, placements, and bids
- Uses multiple versions of ad sets: different sets of creations per mobile, desktops and alternative CTAs
- Use your CRM data for optimization: re-target users and advertise for lookalike audiences
- Optimize ads and ad sets: increases and relocate budget depending on performance
Steps for performing A/B testing:
Step 1: Snap chat is the best way to capture video or photo. For this, first of all, you need to add it into your Snap chat story. There is no problem if you have not added it yet. You can also do this by uploading the image or video with an annoying white background.
Step 2: Even though it is a photo or a video, make sure that it is saved in Snap chat first. Then you can export it to your personnel phone.
Step 3: First thing you have to do is, open the Instagram. Then click + button to add your story. Swipe down and you will be able to post photos and videos natively.
The same photos or videos which was uploaded in Snap chat stories have to be uploaded in voila also. Now you can compare and check the performance of both platforms.